Committee Chair: Kellie Dummer
About Founders Day
Founders Day is a reminder of the substantial role that PTA has played locally, regionally, and nationally in supporting parent involvement and working on behalf of all children and families. It’s a time to reflect and take pride in our many accomplishments, and to renew our commitment to be a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for parents, and a strong advocate for public education.
PTA’s founders Phoebe Apperson Hearst and Alice McLellan Birney, and the founder of Georgia’s Congress of Colored Parents and Teachers, Selena Sloan Butler, were women of imagination and courage. They understood the power of individual action, worked beyond the accepted barriers of their day, and took action to literally change the world.
They had a simple idea—to improve the lives and futures of all of our children. As much as other conditions in America may have changed, that idea has not. PTAs keep it alive.
Today, PTA is the largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the nation. Our members represent the ethnic diversity of our nation, and they come from the ranks of traditional families, single-parent households, blended families, grandparents, and other caring adults. Together, we continue to serve as the conscience of the country for children and youth.
Founders Day 2020 is scheduled for:
Wednesday February 12, 2020!
RSVPs and payment may be sent to:
Livonia PTSA Council, Founders Day Committee
15125 Farmington Road
Livonia, MI 48154
Livonia PTSA Council Founders Day information
- Founders Day – Michigan PTA
- 2020 Distinguished Parent Award Nomination Form
- 2020 Distinguished Staff Award Nomination Form
- 2020 Distinguished Student Award Nomination Form
- Fillable Shining Star
- Fillable Community
- Fillable Spirit of PTA
Livonia PTSA Council Founders Day Honorees:
- Livonia PTSA Council Founders Day 2017 Honorees- unavailable
- Livonia PTSA Council Founders Day 2016 Honorees
- PTSA Founders honorees 2014-15
- FD 2014 honored teachers list
- FD 2013 honored students & teachers
- FD 2012 honored students & teachers