Committee Chair: Debbie Yates
Every Child. One Voice
PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
Here are some of the ways that Livonia PTSA Council works to make our schools more inclusive.
Windows, Mirrors, and Sliding Glass Doors Book List
May 2021 List
Monthly Focus: Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
June 2021 List
Monthly Focus: LGBTQIA+ Pride Month
July 2021 List
Monthly Focus: The Olympic and Paralympic Games
August 2021 List
Monthly Focus: In Memory of Floyd Cooper
September 2021 List
Monthly Focus: Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
BONUS Monthly Focus: National Hispanic American Heritage Month
October 2021 List
Monthly Focus: National Poetry Day